Sunday, September 15, 2013

Project #4

C4T #1
picture of the Pope and bystanders taking a picture using their phones
For my first C4T, I had to read blogs and comment on them from Tech Intersect. The first post that I read and commented on was 25 Things Every Young Professional Should Know by Age 25. Bill Gx blogged about a list of 25 things every young professional should know and that his favorite item was #20. #20 states how college students are waiting for a syllabus to find out what to do next and how Bill wants to prepare his students for the real world and leave some things a mystery. I commented back that my favorite was actually #19, "Multi-tasking is great, but some moments require your undivided attention." I stated that while I know we have to multi-task, today's society is so rushed that we are multi-tasking too much and we are missing some very important things in life.
The second post that I commented on was, A new word and a new pope. In this blog, Bill Gx commented on the new word "selfie" that had recently been added to Oxford Dictionaries Online. The definition for "selfie" is" a photograph that one has taken of oneself, typically one taken with a smartphone or webcam and uploaded to a social media website" and in this post a picture of some young people are trying to take pictures of themselves and the new Pope Francis. The argument was is this a "selfie" or a "groupie" because of the amount of people trying to be in the picture. In my comments, I stated that I believed that a "selfie" was a picture of just ones self and nobody else and if the picture was to be labeled a "selfie" then couldn't it be labeled as a photobomb also due to the group of the people trying to get in the picture. I also stated that regardless of what this picture is titled, technology is taking over and the people in the picture were probably ecstatic to have had a phone to take a picture and capture a memory forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment